During Halloween and other holidays like Christmas people burn a lot of candles. I’ve written about regular candles in a past blog, but I thought this was worth repeating. Burning paraffin candles (which are petroleum based) can create air conditions in your home worse than the air in Los Angeles. Think about that. Not only that, but old candles or some imported ones could have lead in the wick. Then on top of all that there are the artificial scents. Personally I’m going to toss all my old, paraffin candles and only buy soy or beeswax candles. This is a great gift idea as well. Spending a little extra on a really good candle is a very thoughtful way to say you care.
Entry for October 24, 2008 October 24, 2008